Thursday, December 06, 2018

Daily Notes- December Sixth


When I was young......I made a hot pineapple/tea spice punch to take to Christmas parties and events. It had cinnamon and cloves and was a lovely beverage.   One Holiday in Germany I served the teachers at the International School eggnog with a generous helping of very fine cognac during a school day.  I had no idea how fine it actually was....but the teachers came back for seconds. And thirds.

G went up into the Attic Attic and found the toy train set and the Gingerbread House (made from a dollhouse kit) and that will be our Holiday Decoration for 2018.  Even though I watched the guys from my old employer set up my cross the street neighbor's tree this morning.  Now a friend is there helping with lights etc. since her arm is still broken.

G is quite happy as he doesn't care for setting up the tree and actually has no interest in Christmas at all in the 50 years I have known him.  It was only me who was interested and even excited about the Holiday. Well, and the children.  But now they aren't.

I found a website with felt ornaments for the 12 days of Christmas.  Pretty intensely stitched.  I gave it about a half hour of thought and then said to myself-- "why?" and so I am not going to even try it. I will be happy with just my little felt trees.  And perhaps a few little felt stars.  Seeing as I have no tree to put them on........well, the making is a worthwhile a task.

The Gingerbread House has suffered damage on the trip up or down from the Attic.  So I have to use the glue gun and do some repairs.  One of the big trees and several gumdrops.  We had damage to the Spooky House in 2017 (play foam shingles loosening and falling off )   I am thinking I might use Gorilla glue this time.  See if works better.  We used Gorilla glue on the bird feeder stuck to the window and it's holding up really well.  Even with birds hanging off it all day long. Bluejays are really big!!!

The Word for the Day from the Jar is "smile" so I am going to give it 100%.  Smile. and I always say after the word smile.."though your heart is breaking".  Which tells you quite a bit about me.

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Oh, I want to see a picture of your gingerbread house again. And just for you, I'll post a picture tomorrow of the winning gingerbread creation at Grove Park Inn.