Wednesday, December 05, 2018

Daily Notes- December Fifth


The soups didn't get made yesterday but both are on the stove right now--simmering.

The red felt tree with buttons did get made yesterday--a very small and tidy blanket stitch all the way around.  Strong yellow colored buttons as ornaments-- the white ones were not "bright" enough in contrast to the red.  The blanket stitch was white. About 6 or 7 inches tall.  I have plans to make a green tree today.  I found the blanket stitch to be "soothing work".

Most of yesterday was consumed by frantic hunting for the red felt.  Finding the red felt (relief). And then hunting for the #5 embroidery thread (very stressful as I had seen it recently).  I used to have two full bags.  Eventually, after much repetitive travel into the attic, I found one bag.  The other is still MIA.  Lucky for the man and the dog---- this one bag I found had red, white and yellow.  And even a good dark green. So, in answer to the man's question--I was done searching.

I also reconnected with a small Santa Head pin that I had made out of used panty hose.  The poly stuff around his head was looking ratty so--when I find the white felt (still missing) I will give him a new hat band, mustache and beard.  The panty hose was gathered up in tight circles to make chubby cheeks and a little round nose. His entire head would fit into a third cup measuring cup. Tiny black seed beads for his two twinkly eyes.

I also sorted out a storage bin of paper items and found a large collection of full page CHAIRS from home dec magazines at the very bottom.  I see a number of solo chairs in fabric in the coming months.  I can use the cut out chairs as patterns. It's been too long since I made my last chair quilt.

I chose this picture up top since I feel like I could make something like this for the front door (on the inside).   I think I might still own a wire coat hanger for the circular frame.

No comments: