Thursday, December 27, 2018

Daily Notes- December 27


This picture got left behind in the holiday daily notes.   This is my favorite wrap. Brown kraft paper and white ribbon.  I am going to practice writing these words in this way.  For next year.  Or in red ink for Valentine's Day.  Love, Love, Love.

Haircut early this morning then the grocery store with a short but expensive list--G was out of Soda. Back in Cleveland (as a kid) we called it Pop.  They had Texas Red Grapefruit and I got a bag.  And some vanilla yogurt to make the layered bowl I enjoy eating.  Yogurt, bran buds, grapefruit segments in a bowl just like written.  Let it all sit for 3 to 4 hours or overnight and the Bran buds get soft (absorbing moisture from the yogurt and the fruit)  and the whole thing is delicious.

Also had a coffee date with my walking buddy.  We talked about books and assorted subjects.  I brought another of my tea bag stitching samples and I enjoyed her feedback. I also had an unfinished project on the ironing board--it traveled down from the Magic Attic with something else--- and we decided the three flowers need company.  So 2 more to make a new odd number.  I like flowers in odd numbers.

All the Christmas gifts have been put away.  House is starting to look sort of normal.  Now, I am not missing the tree.  I know that saying that and thinking that makes me some sort of humbug, but....it's just been that kind of year.  Maybe I would be happier if Dairy Queen was open.  Ice cream always makes me happy.  The Boozy Bundt cake is doing a good job.  Would be better with ice cream.

I am going to read a book tonight and not watch Hallmark Movies.  I tend to make this promise and then end up watching them anyway.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

G and Riley are bundling up to go out and fill the bird feeders before it snows tomorrow.  Birds gotta eat to stay warm.  Temps are in the 20's so they'll have to go up in order for it to snow.  I think.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

We watched two movies. Even G said this Hallmark was pretty good. A woman dies and comes back to be an angel. The second was the last half of a movie that didn't record all the way early in the season--I loved it- Hallmark with a waltz.