Saturday, December 15, 2018

Daily Notes- December 15


Ten Days.  And I have so much to do.

I made the Scottie Dog felt ornament yesterday (really cute) while watching the "breaking news" all afternoon-- now, finally, they are going after what I had always thought would be the REAL smoking gun.  The Inaugural Money.   Zinke has sent in his letter of resignation.  The House Dems were going after him in January.  Merry Christmas.  Rats jumping off the ship.

I will not be doing anything else today--but writing my Christmas Cards and getting them in the mail. Everything related to the holiday is being ignored.  I actually think it's more about not working during the Holiday Season and less about being sad or depressed.  Being around CHRISTMAS at work all day (for ten years) and helping customers find what they wanted, potting up the gifts they had selected out of the greenhouse and taking phone orders from adult children for their older parents........well, it was like being Santa's Helper.  I was in the midst of the Season.  Now, on the sidelines, so to speak.  Well, not even that close to the action.

Nothing to do about it but get through and hope that next year is more "spirited".

Daughter is in the CRUSH of the Season at the Candy Factory.  She boxed up and labeled 160 orders on Friday ready for postal pick up.  Someone else did another 60 or 80--she lost count. She has a CrossFit Christmas Party tonight and is super excited about it.  Last year they did the 12 Days of Christmas exercise routine.  On the first day of Christmas (insert an exercise)- like leg lifts straight out and up over your head while hanging from a bar.  Sounds awesome, huh?  Though I think the leg lifts were the fifth day of Christmas so 5 of them on each round of the song.

Riley and I went out for the morning paper-- 40 degrees.  Spring.  I tried chopping ice off my large holly bush--with red berries-- but it's stuck tight.  This happened last Winter and the mice ate all the leaves and bark off the buried branches.  I was supposed to remind myself to make sure that didn't happen again.  I didn't.  It did.

So--onward to the Christmas Cards.




1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Maybe next year we should find a happy Christmas project and work on it during the year. Yesterday Nora and I stopped at the local candy store to pick up a few things. The total for the man ahead of us in line was $319.00. We speculated that maybe he was buying gifts for all his employees or all his cousins. He walked out with a box, but it wasn't a big box. Good chocolate is expensive.