Saturday, December 22, 2018

Daily Notes- December 22


And I think I just might have one.  She lives far away but is the kindest, sweetest, most thoughtful person I know.  And she sent me a gift that made me cry.  Happy crying.

Now, I had procrastinated sending her a package--it was all ready to tape and address--but I forgot until today.  So on the way out-in a downpour of rain-- we stopped at the post office in town and I stood in line smiling at people.  Because not many people smile. So, I smile. Then some of them smile.

There was a guy there-- trying to buy a box, trying to pack the box.......... when it was my turn at the cashier counter the clerk leaned forward and said "he should have gone to the UPS store" cause after all that time I was in line, he was still unable to fold the box open but kept up a running commentary on his toil and trouble.. (wanting attention)  UPS is where they box, tape and address for you.

Not the Post Office.  Where you have to have some common sense and do it yourself.  I wasn't in line near him--if I had been, I would have grabbed the box out of his hands and folded it open.  But maybe not....as he was also the guy who ate one or two HEADS of fresh garlic before entering the line. Wow, did he stink.

After the post office: G took me to Now You're Cooking.  A local cookwares store where I am handed a shopping basket and let loose to "buy anything I want".  This time, I had a list and a personal shopper.  What fun. And I added a black and white stripe apron to the basket--to keep myself cleaner in 2019. G gets season tickets to the Summer Music Theater from me.  After shopping we stopped to have Memphis BBQ, Deep-fried ribs and Guinness Chocolate Cheesecake.  Riley took a long nap in the car.  I had a margarita so I'll be napping soon, also.

Now if only Santa could take Trump back to the North Pole with him on Christmas Eve.  And keep him there.  He could shovel deer poop--something he is well qualified to do.

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

You just made me laugh, and that has value beyond measure. Has the man ever held a shovel except maybe for a ceremonial ribbon cutting?