Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Daily Notes- December Eleven


So okay  (as Grace often says before changing course)  I am going to try and re-charge my Christmas Spirit.  First order of business is postal stamps for my cards.  Then the cards themselves.

I was writing to Diane and I was reminded of my habit of making my own cards for the Holiday.  It started with card stock many years ago and slivers of silks etc sewn into tree shapes and then sewn onto the card stock.  Then another years card stock and a colored pencil drawing of an evergreen in a little clay pot.  Then a drawing of a tree and details in a white ink pen.  And then it stopped. Why?

I am reminded, also, of many happy hours at the big long table in the sunshine, watching it snow outside, making cards.

Making cookies isn't on my list of "happy holiday events" as the cookies rarely turn out as good as they used to.  I'm better off making an orange cranberry loaf or some brownies.  But G has been seeing so many decorated sugar cookies on Hallmark that he has asked for Christmas Tree  sugar cookies with M&M's as ornaments.  Yes, the man who didn't want a Christmas Tree.

I just noticed the time and date at the top of the page to be Dec 11 11:11.  I am one of the "old Souls" who sees those numbers on digital clocks, computers, Time signs on the highways, etc......there is a myth we are the original Souls on Earth.   And when we see those numbers it's a message.  I usually make a heart filled wish when I see the numbers.

 Just now I asked for guidance on the path I should be following.... as I feel lost. Work provided so much structure, friendship and happiness.  I never stayed at a job that made me unhappy.  In fact, a job like that...I would often just pack up my things and walk away without any notice.  "Where's Joanne?"

I'm sorry to be such a downer.  I usually can "pretend" to feel happier than I am when I sit here writing to you.   I'll figure it out.  I have trees to blanket stitch and potholders to make (still... as the sewing room is very cold).  Riley is back from his walk.  It's 25 degrees with cloudy skies.  No sunshine today.

UPDATE:   After hitting post we found the car keys (in the car).  That 11 11:11 stuff works.  And the Post Office had Santa Stamps (in December!) so I figured good things come in threes and stopped at the library and what to my wondering eyes did appear?  Louise Penny's Kingdom of the Blind on the 7 day shelf.  I was 419 on the wait list.  Merry Christmas!!!!

3 comments:

DianeN said...

You're not a downer. It's just the time of the year. We all love you and I hope you can feel it.

MariMo said...

Love your UPDATE at the end......

Annie said...

DianeN is right,you're not a downer at all.
I spent the day taking care of a sick husband, he came down with shingles on Monday. Woe is me caring for a sick dh. We've been to Quick Care for antivirals, now he just has to get over it, but I do feel bad for him. I've never had Shingles, hope never to have it!