Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Pictures From My Life- January 31


I'm making soup.  Using up some kale that's been hanging out in the fridge.  Tomato, maybe some white beans, the kale and some pasta.  Top with Parmesan cheese.  Or simmer the soup with a saved (in freezer) Parm rind.  Picture borrowed from Food52.  The recipe Food52 had included pasta and potatoes.  I don't think I have any potatoes left but I'll look.

I also have some roasted beets to eat.  It's been so cold here--just didn't want a cold bowl of beets with olive oil and Balsamic vinegar.  But.....the sun is shining.  Doesn't mean it's warm. Yesterday I had the last two roasted sweet potatoes.  With butter and salt. And the last square of corn bread made with Polenta corn grits.  Using what I have.  It's crunchy, for sure.

We watched The Martian last night instead of "what we didn't want to watch" which was on all the stations.  The Martian was a delight.  Particularly because my husband studied to be a Botanist. Of course, Fate had other plans for him as it did for the Martian.

This morning I was busy sewing little 3 inch squares to other three inch squares and then discovered the plan I had wasn't a good plan.  So, I am changing my plan.  To something "More Cute".  A baby quilt has to be "cute".  Well, it can also be "sweet".  But I am going for cute today.

I am feeling a bit more "perky" today than I have in recent days.  The lack of sunshine wears me down.  And that big old moon last night was something.  The snow covered yard was shining bright white in the night.

So, the month of January ends on a high note with the sunshine and a big full moon. Here in Maine it's only full.  No blue moon and no blood moon.

Now---soup.






No comments: