Tuesday, January 09, 2018

Getting Warmer


Art From ArtPropelled--

I added the above piece of fiber work to my picture file to remind myself that making something small out of cloth isn't "rocket science" but is more common sense.  Not over thinking.  It's not something I have to hand in for a grade.  It's just practicing.  Learning.  And I have a boat load of buttons.  Should be putting them to good use.  I think Jude would call this a Threadcrumb.

I finished my Cold Book but it was a struggle--at the end of each reading period the book pages looked all greasy, smudged.  Tired Eyes?  Dry Eyes?  Wrong Prescription Eyes?  Seeing the Eye Doctor in 13 days (counting).  But I can see everything else just fine.  And, I am not rubbing my eyes.

I am going to Art Group tonight.  Bringing something--and reminding myself to bring my almost finished journal--they always want to see what I am doing on the pages.  I am thinking I will bring the new one, too.  A spiral book with art paper pages that I draw on with pencil.  Filling each page with "ideas".

Didn't get the tree undressed.  We went out for Chinese.  I finished my book.  Supposed to rain tomorrow so G is snowblowing the last of the 1 to 2 inches of snow that blew off into the driveway.
I'll take and keep snow--prefer it to ice.

No comments: