Monday, January 01, 2018

Hey, Hey, Hey, It's 2018


Francine Poulin @ ArtPropelled

The New Year is like a book with 365 blank pages.  You can write, draw, color, tear the pages out in frustration---you can make the book what you want it to be--with limits-- no other people messing with you.

The Moon last night was too big.  Too Bright.  I could not sleep.  My waking dreams were vivid and terrifying.  If I was seeing the Future--please, it was a mistake.  I don't want what you showed me Moon.

But my nerve pain waxed and waned as the year ended.  I began 2018 pain free.  As it came, it went.  Unexplained.  Life is a mystery.

I found this image (up top) late last night.  I decided this is how my 2018 journal will be.  something alive and green, drawn with pencil on the right.  words on the left.  recipes.  laments.  prayers. tears. pictures of clothes I wish I owned. victories and losses. things finished. things postponed.  that is Life as it has always been lived.  capitol letters for only the important bits.

You've read the first page.  You'll see no more. unless I draw something really nice. which I will Share.

Love to all who read this blog.  It's nice to think of you out there reading my words and perhaps understanding what I want to communicate.  2018  we begin.

No comments: