Saturday, January 27, 2018

Pictures From My Day- Three


Where I sit to write to you.  My favorite time of day.  When I get to say or think or write about something.  My calendar is fresh and new--I don't know about any of you, but I buy my calendar way before January--put it in a "safe" place and then forget where that safe place is.  Here it is the 27th and it's my first day with the calendar under my keyboard.

Up top on the leftish side--a flat envelope (origami) that I folded.  You can open it and close it again. It can hold seeds you might want to share with someone.  It can also hold pills or buttons.  The box for the 18th holds 3 buttons.  I am wondering where they came from.

Today I "taught" two customers how to make a Fairy Garden.  One was about 8 years old and the other was well past 8 years.  Their enchantment with making a small garden for a Fairy to visit was quite lovely.  After they had finished and gone off to do something magical with the remainder of the day--I made two more to sell in the store.  Dirt, moss, Baby's Tears, stones, little columns of tree and curls of bark.  I gave each customer a hand drawn list of things they could make for the Fairies to enjoy, a list that I had drawn up years ago--chairs, fences, tiny prayer flags on a string held by two twigs.  Things like that.  In words and illustrated with pictures I drew.

My decision to retire and not be on the regular schedule at work is now quite solid.  I'll come to help with classes and special events like open houses but no regular weekly schedule.  It feels right. Even though today was a delight in that I helped a number of customers find just what they were looking for.  I couldn't help the customer who had squirrels eating all her bird food.

It was warmer today--40 degrees.  Some ice has melted but not the whole driveway.  Tomorrow more of the same.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Ooh, I want a fairy garden!