Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Star-Version Two


Well, I worked on it a bit.  Another layer of cloth under and a few patches added to two of the corners. And, of course, black floral covering the center.   The upper left should be the lower left.
A half turn.  I did know how to do this once upon a time but........ today has already been more stressful than I need.

I did one load of wash and was getting the second load going when I noticed water leaking out of the washer.  At the bottom.  Sigh.

Well, we mopped it all up and opened the front of the washer and it was a leaking hose, and a clamp for that hose that had rusted off --long ago.  G has two things on his list for today--ahead of a new hose and clamp.  And I don't have a third load of wash.....so we're good.

The tile guy didn't slant the floor correctly.  We had a drain installed just in front of the washer so any overflow would go directly into the drain.  We paid good money for this addition.  But the tile guy slanted the floor toward the shower wall  (not the drain) and...well into baseboard and drywall.  Two things that like to soak up water, grow mold and cost money down the line.  I am really not pleased.
In a perfect world (one I don't live in) the leaking water would have gone into the drain.  A design flaw.

He and Riley are out for their walk.  Then we have about 6 to 8 inches of overnight snow to get up. He has.  I don't do snow anymore.  I used to shovel the entire driveway by hand when G was working away from home.  Herringbone pattern.  Any really long time Readers remember those posts.

While the washing machine stuff was going on (spilled water etc) I stitched the orphan blocks I had left from a pink baby quilt together (busy work calms me down) and I don't have enough to make anything.  I also mended a hole in my LLBean corduroy pants.  Same spot in every pair I own.  Next to the bottom of the zipper.  Fabric frays and a hole appears.  A design flaw if I ever saw one.  That's two.

I am off to drink more water.


3 comments:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Ohhhh, I really like version two. Ah, those nonexistent perfect worlds. But how sad that you planned something, carefully, that didn't come into being.

Annie said...

So sorry to read of your water woes,we have them at present with an upstairs leaky bath tap.Water everywhere it shouldn't be. Dh working on it, thank god he's handy.

I think you and I were out shoveling our driveways at the same time years ago,as my dh traveled away from home for work too, actually I enjoyed the shoveling,that was years ago when I was young.No shoveling now.

Star #2 is growing on me, like it more as I keep looking at it!

Joanne S said...

I am liking it more each time I walk past it on my way to "somewhere" else.