Thursday, January 25, 2018

Pictures From My Real Life- Day One


My ancient electric stove from 1984.  My Wedding Present little saucepan from 1968.  The whisk might actual be from some more current years--I don't think we "whisked" in 1968.   Making my  breakfast cereal.  Cream of Wheat.

I serve it the way my grandmother fixed it for me.  Spread out over a dinner plate.  Sugar, cinnamon and pats of butter over the surface.  Eaten from the outside edges into the middle.

I had to resort to this breakfast when my jaw decided to hurt when I chewed anything.  That was right around Christmas.  The jaw and the shoulder pain.  Such a wonderful Christmas.  But I did reconnect with Cream of Wheat.  So, a good thing

Been up in the attic again--this time looking for freezer paper.  It was on my work table down in the dining room.  But I found a few things.  You may see one of them tomorrow.

It's cold and streets, sidewalks and parking lots are lumpy with frozen slush, ice and whatever.  We went out for a late lunch.  Just to get out of the house.  Then went to the grocery store.  Now we're back home and it's already getting dark at 3:41.  There might be enough light for one more trip into the attic but I think I will "save" it for tomorrow.

Get my hair cut tomorrow.

There are a number of current event things running through my mind these days.  It takes quite a bit of energy to consider what is going on...  and then I have to just "let it go" or I will run myself crazy.
How are you all coping with  the News?

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

How am I dealing with the news? Not well. But there is hope if we can hold on til the mid-terms.

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I am encouraged by the Women's Marches last weekend. By the number of women running for office.