Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Vancouver


I saw this image on one of the sites that try and sell me things.  I saw it the day our son called to say his 2 years in Vancouver were ending months earlier than planned.  We never got to visit him there.

It's difficult to leave a 10 (almost 11) year old dog with health and anxiety issues.  We made the decision to stay put.  Vancouver isn't going anywhere. Riley has been the best dog...we want him to be happy.

We also said no to a cruise with old friends leaving from Miami.  Next month.

Last night's Art Group meeting was fun.  I probably talked too much.  I get that way when I spend too much time alone.  It's why I work.  So I can talk to people.  I will have to find somewhere else to go and talk.  I also listen.  I shared my adventure making stars.  And then folded one for a gal who regularly does origami and said the star wasn't any kind of origami she had ever seen.  So I folded.  And she is now going to go find the video.

I think she thought I had cut, folded and pasted it together.

Yesterday, today and possibly part of tomorrow will be sunny.  Temps in the 30's.  Quite, impossibly warm and wonderful.  Mainers were out walking without coats.  I was wearing a coat. One guy had on shorts.

I walked from the coffee shop where I had coffee with a friend to the local independent bookstore. I ordered a Tarot book.  To go with my new pack of Tarot cards my daughter found for me.  I think the reading of the cards is intuitive.  I'm not sure if that is something I can do.  But I can read and learn.
The wonderful poet who owns the bookstore asked if I was going to set up a table on the street corner and read cards.  He ordered my book and another for the shop.

I'm going to start taking ornaments off the Christmas Tree now.  Perhaps go shopping for a lidded storage container for any extras.  May have one in the attic.







1 comment:

MariMo said...

Love your yellow origami star!