Monday, January 29, 2018

Pictures From My Life - January 29th


I found (unearthed) this on one of my journeys to the Attic.  I think it might have been more than 10 years ago.  Perhaps 15.  I am reminded that I had gotten a bundle of sample pages from a fabric catalog.  Not quite real "velvets" and patterned things.  Swatches.  I did go back in and added a rectangle of blue behind the dangling brooch.  Might need to try something lighter to show off the dangles better. Some cream?  The camera does a good job of showing us our artistic weaknesses.

There was period of Time when I made nothing but hope blocks.  Word check made it hope.  I thought I typed house.  Which is it?  I am now left wondering.

I made house (hope) quilts this size for friends who bought houses.  Or moved into new places.  Wishing them happiness in their new surroundings.

I have this little house pinned to the western wall in the room where we have our dining table.  In the corner of this large room, I have my art table and a rolling cart for fabric and projects.  This little house is pinned to the wall on the left side of the art table.  I guess it would be called a drawing table.
I am having trouble with descriptive words today.

I am left wondering for whom it was made but never given.

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

The Universe meant it for you, of course!