Monday, January 15, 2018

What I'm Working On Today


This started out as something totally different.  Didn't work.  Then became something with a big circle.  Didn't work.  Now the circle is a Star.  Might work but probably won't.  Sort of a planet in the cosmos thing.   That was the idea.

We'll see.  This style of fabric use isn't comfortable for me.  I want it to be but I am seeing that my "natural inclinations" are at War with the Cloth.  There is still time to work it out.  The camera took the picture sideways.  Fate?  (I say Fate because the camera knows I can't figure out how to "rotate")

Now I am seeing hope by adding more of the yellow (which is showing up green) and the dotted fabric at the left edge to the right side.  Even the planet out.  The star.  Whatever.  The yellow which looks green is dyed fabric that was once my robe.  Not fond of the yellow dye.  Or the black.  It's a yellowy/green black.  I am more into blues and blue blacks.  Grey.

So I am fighting with the fabric colors, the lack of focal point here, the stitches already in which will probably be taken out.  The star points are pale yellow linen.  I tried tan star points but the whole thing got to be--meh!

It's starting to feel like a meh! day around here.  FOUR degrees.  And green grass showing along the edges of the driveway and sidewalks.  Green grass!!!

At 10am this morning I was already "bored of the day" as my daughter used to say when she was very young.  I guess this is why I go to work?  Because I'm bored of the day?

Feel free to comment on the fiber work.  I need it.

2 comments:

Annie said...

My comment is....I really like it, just a first visual impression, have no intellectual views or ideas about the content. I either like or dislike something immediately upon seeing it! : )

Gretchen said...

Hi,
I like the background fabric choices. And I like the circle fabric but I think it might fit better a bit smaller. The fabric of the points does not seem to fit with the others but I'm not sure if it is their size or the fabric choice. The positive I see here is that you are exploring your creative voice. My recommendation for that is not to judge your creations as good or bad but rather if some are more aligned with your creative voice more than others. As far as I'm concerned, any and all exploration in creative ventures is good.