Friday, February 04, 2011

Recent Work

I have been painting this particular still life for  more than a year (possibly two) and this is the latest covering of paint.  The pear still needs work.  Well, everything needs work but it's a pleasant, if mindless, occupation these days.

I have the latest New York Times vegetarian casserole in the oven at 250 degrees.  The baked beans and kale.  It smells really good.  I am really hungry.  Four hours of baking, so not a "quick" dish. In between drives to the hospital (doctor visit, lab visits) I had a chance to chop the vegetables and assemble and then just tuck the cast iron casserole in the oven and leave the house while it baked.  I thought I would post rather than snack on corn chips which is what I really, really, really want to do. Emotional stress = salt intake.

G is sleeping.  I am having a "quiet moment" after walking the dog.  I have the Pilates box downstairs and tomorrow my daughter will help carry the machine down the stairs and G will supervise packing it into the box.  Then we will take it to UPS.  I am sad about it's departure but a replacement will be arriving eventually.  I started reading my book while G was having a lab test and I think I will go back and read some more.  Riley is chewing a bone.  Quiet.  Which is okay with me.

3 comments:

Jan said...

You deserve some quiet. *Enjoy*
Love the still life. I dug out the paints this week but they all got put back today as last-minute, overnight guests are due this evening. Eventually....

Diane said...

Hope G is feeling better!

dee said...

Thinking of you-hope things are improving. Write when you can. Hope you found something good to read. When stressful, I like to read trashy stuff. Easier to concentrate on.
My Reading Life, by Pat conroy is one I just finished. Not tashy but not cerebral either. Just easy reading about reading...