Monday, July 31, 2023

Field Notes- Monday, July 31st. Hot and Sunny.. Grocery was crowded. Returned books got two new ones.


 Tangerine Chair,

Grocery was quiet but crowded.  At the Hot Meat Food Bar, I collected a clam shell tub of shredded BBQ pulled pork.  And then went back to get Romaine lettuce and the Mixed Greens box- medium not large.  Pulled Pork Salad.  I have cheese. And sour cream. YUM.

I would have gotten some baked chicken to shred but they haven't had ANY in ages....and I didn't look today.  The also didn't have the cold vegetable salad with cauliflower etc.  I do like that as it's all raw and good for the lower digestive track.  and I got Raisin bagels instead of blueberry for husband....oops.  He can pick out the raisins.  Or Not.  Or I can get the blueberry later in the week.  I like cinnamon raisin,

I had recorded three Women's World Cup Games and I watched them yesterday- fast forwarding thru the boring bits when they just waste time passing the ball back and forth- I know they need to rest........I don't need to watch them rest.

The Smelly Cat Pee House (which sold in one or two days) now has a dozen or so garbage bags out on the curb.  Two full dumpsters and now ten full garbage bags.........I am wondering what is in them.

We slept well last night.  Overnight temps were in the very low 60's so I had a window open.

I bought peaches.  Rock Hard.  They are going under the plastic Microwave Splatter Guard.  To Gas each other and ripen.  I am going to make a Peach Cobbler.  When ever they start smelling like Peaches. I got grapes for G to snack on.....his daily fruit.

He told me the clock by the dining room table wasn't working.  He's changed the batteries a few times. I set it and have been checking......it's right on time (but Not the Time husband is on)........ He hauled out the snowblower (not making this up) yesterday........demanded we move the broken riding mower off the driveway so it would NOT be in the way when it SNOWED........ In August, I guess.  A guy has been hired to plow the driveway this Winter.  Should be interesting.



No comments: