Tuesday, August 01, 2023

Field Notes- Tuesday August 1st. Rained overnight and was cooler. Sunshine now and warming back up.


 Cheese Chair.  Melting a bit?

So, here we are in August.  Aw..goost.  Warm enough to melt a cheese chair.  *might be the last chair image....and I was really loving them..thanks to Kim Carney for finding them......she finds such fantastic images- Something in the side bar is her blog- go visit!!!  she has thousands of daily visitors.

Around here.....we are just getting thru the days.  I watched THREE Women's Soccer matches yesterday. I enjoy the fact there are zero commercials.  I was amazed by the non sportsmanlike conduct of some players.  Two yellow cards....but should have been more.  Yes, I know you want to win......but conduct unbecoming to the sport...not the best way to do that.   I say that as the mother of a college Soccer Player who got a RED card...and was ejected from a game due to her conduct.  Yes,  HER.

The son's sport is on game machines. Good Morning Sweetie.

So.....second night of the bedroom window open.  Very very nice.

I completed that last section of the July desk calendar before writing this post....mostly weather headlines of the heat and global warming.  A nice weather map- mostly colored RED....... August's page is mostly- entirely white.  Just notations of the Grass cuttings on Thursdays and my haircut on the 10th and daughter's birthday mid month.. I have started adding a book list of what I read in a month.  Perhaps in my 80's I will have need of such a listing.

My OFFICIAL Driver's License arrived in the mail.....which must have arrived at midnight.  It's in my wallet now.  I'm legal.  My weight is incorrect but......not going to say anything.

Daughter dropped off containers of Trader Joe's dark chocolate covered caramel squares.  Lots. I will try and do a better job going forward and not eating the entire tub once it is opened. She forgot the New York Cheesecake from the freezer section.......but I am having lunch tomorrow with a former co-worker and the restaurant is known for it's cheesecake........so..bases covered.  Also  Strawberry-Rhubarb soda and Lemon  Elderflower soda. tiny cans.  I drink them straight up but I think both would be happy to partner with ice cold Vodka or Gin.  Very happy.  I need to make room in the freezer of the porch fridge for booze. For August.  Also a lovely linen tunic type top......I need to lose some (lots) of sitting around reading weight. then it will look amazing.... she also left mending.......

Well, I need to see what Women's Soccer there is to watch today...  and get a good idea of what  need to mend.

Daughter found me an old school paperback with the tiniest print......and a magnifier...... Medieval Romance.  No bathrooms or showers.  Horses and swords.-  she's from now...he's from then.  Time travel. Always delightful.  The men go from horses to horsepower in ten seconds flat when they move forward in Time.   In the books....


No comments: