Thursday, August 10, 2023

Field Notes- Thursday, August 10th. Sunshine, Heat and Grass Mowing.


 Helen Geglio.  Apron Strings.

I really like her work.  And her book lists of what she is reading or listening to.  She reuses old clothing etc. in her work.  And it's all hand quilted.

Something has gone wrong with the left side margin but I am going to just keep typing and let it go. Yesterday and today have been emotionally draining. Husband keeps making and losing the appointments for hair cuts on his iPhone.   He deletes important stuff but keeps the garbage- last time I deleted so much crap on his phone- the Cloud stuff which is nearly impossible to EVER get rid of. It came back.  This morning.  I have permanently deleted the iCloud from all my devices- even if that means I have to give up the internet.  My iPhone refuses to work without the Cloud.  So be it. I'll use it just for emergencies.  As a phone.

This is why no cactus drawings on the blog.  The Cloud.  I don't save things ......I actually deleted over 100 things from husband's iPhone and they are all back this morning...it's all crap email from companies.....probably paying the Cloud to keep them on the iPhone for eternity.

I adjusted the margin- it had gotten messed up.  We have a new 'atomic" wall clock for the dining room wall....it's one minute off.  Husband is itching to "fix' it- which would mean the thing never will work correctly again.  I am taking deep cleansing inhales.  We haven't even had the clock for 24 hours. Daughter stopped on the way home from work to buy it for us. Yesterday.

Oh...what I was going to write was that I cut my husband's hair yesterday.  He was looking like a Street Bum.  Well, the beard is still street bum.  After cutting I washed his hair in the kitchen sink with Dawn. He is very "oily" and it was amazing how nice his hair looked.  This morning it's greasy again.

I used the stuff in the little Record Player Suitcase which my dad turned into his Haircut Tool Box.  And now it's my Haircut Toolbox.  When our son arrives I am finding out what he uses to cut his own hair. And buy that and use it on husband's hair.

I have an appointment for a haircut at 12:30.  Parking will be a problem. On a busy road....I might need to find a new place on a quiet street with ample parking to get my haircut....going forward.....I do not want the "street bum" look for myself.

2 comments:

Joanne S said...

It was very upsetting- the driving was way off for husband.....but the wonderful gal who cuts my hair gave me a referral to someone just down the street from the grocery, bank and library. I can get there........myself. As soon as I have my car inspected and get a fresh battery. I'll be good to go and g can stop driving. He is parked BADLY in the garage......He's now on the sunporch doing word search and eating ice cold grapes.....and we didn't crash the car. and I have a new haircutter.

Sigh. Life is good. right now....20 minutes more- perhaps not.

Kim Carney said...

Technology, argh

someone just charged something on my apple id for over $100 and I spent hours trying to find ONE effing phone number, finally just submitted a request ;(