Sunday, August 20, 2023

Field Notes- Sunday August 20th. Sunshine and Heat , I think


 Grilled corn.  Not that I would EVER mention the Grill out back (to husband)....but I have discovered a "fondness" for Mexican Street Corn.  Could I rent a guy and a grill (a guy who knows how to cook and make Mexican Street Corn).    Is there an App for that??????

Peaches are on sale tomorrow at Grocery.  More Cobbler?  I ate the last of it yesterday with vanilla ice cream.  Warmed in the microwave just a bit to take the fridge chill off of it.  I might buy cheesecake tomorrow.

Husband ate the last of this week's prepared meals yesterday.  I put frozen Italian meatballs (I smelled garlic) in a container with a lid to thaw out.......He has pasta.  He has cheese.  He has a jar of marinara.  Let's see if he can translate that into a bowl for his dinner TODAY??????  Or I will suggest it.

He mentioned- nope I can't share that.......

The final of the Women's World Cup at 2 am. I'll watch later this afternoon.

The Patriots Pre Season Game and the guy- unconscious on the grass.  The medical unit....the entire team standing watch.  Nothing in the paper this morning.....paper was already printed and bundled by then. I can scope it out on the online news after I press publish.  Truthfully, I don't think it will be good news.  They didn't even show a replay........that says something right there.  I think they did watch the replay in the booth and decided not to show it.  And the silence.  

So.......I have a book to read and return tomorrow at the Library Visit.  I have four waiting for pick up. And I will see what is on the New Book Shelves....I now put a slim date due sticker on each book......so I know which ones to read first........

I am working on the shopping list......Tea Bags for sure.

1 comment:

Paula, the quilter said...

Since the local peaches have been available, I’ve been making our favorite desert. Fresh peaches and fresh raspberries. It’s a wonderful combo.