Thursday, August 31, 2023

Field Notes- Thursday, August 31st. Sunshine. Blue Moon last night. Raining most of yesterday.


 Ring Nebula.

Is there anything on Earth as beautiful as the stuff in Outer Space????

So.  Rain. Relentless rain yesterday. And last night the Blue Full Moon.  Like daylight in the bedroom all night long. I found it impossible to fall asleep with all that light in the bedroom.  

I am thankful for Rain.  A few Summers ago- we got very very little and the grass went yellow.

So I am tired, my neck aches, my shoulder aches, I'm tired........so tired.

I tried my best to eat actual food yesterday.  The book I am reading is very good but the print is very light. very hard to read.  This is happening more and more- the very pale ink.  And the tiny print. These are books I want to read but probably won't finish........ Ink....saving on ink.  Every so often about ten or so pages will be fully inked......then we return to the barely there ink.  I do not buy these books. Ever.

So...tired, sore neck, tired eyes.  Cranky.  I am like a two year old needing a time out.  Or a nice place to nap with my blanket.  Or just screaming would be nice. But too tired for that.

How are you?  On this final day of August in 2023?  

What are you Doing.  What are you Eating.  Reading?  Watching?  Wanting?

5 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

After all the rain we have had this spring and summer, we are finally having a dry, hot spell. I lowered the Warm Window blinds in the bedroom to make sleeping better. I've been dieting and have lost 10# with more to go. It is so hard to do, but my knees are saying "thank you". My grand-daughter's birthday is this weekend so we have that to look forward to. I tried to read "When Women Were Dragons" but I got half way and lost interest because it was too feminist for me. Can that be a thing? I find that when the husband is watching tv (which he does ALL THE TIME and at full volume) I have a hard time reading and retaining things. But I don't have that problem with audio books. Go figure.

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I've been trying to eat more protein and have given up my daily Diet Coke habit. I've been drinking more water and found that Diet Coke just doesn't taste the same. And I don't need it so . . .

MariMo said...

Enjoying the cooler weather in Morocco - on the other side, really sad because of Sabrina, who stayed in our apartment in Germany since May 1st, to enable her to check out the possibility to return to living-in-Germany after 13 years in London. She could not get any company to sign a contract with her (age-discrimination) and decided that Germany changed so much the last 13 years, she doesn't want to live there anymore. I would have loved to have her in the Frankfurt area again.

Kim Carney said...

What are you Doing. Trying to clean and end up watching TV :) Being a hermit! This is what has become of me. Not much blogging either.

What are you Eating. Eating frozen dinners from the freezer! I have been on a chocolate graham cookie phase.

Reading? not much

Watching? Lots of documentaries. I have enjoyed them. I keep forgetting to watch/ catch up with the series I like.

Wanting? I am wanting to buy an air filter. My house is smelling "OLD LADY" musty. Bri mentioned it the other day. And it is soooo dusty and dander. I keep wanting to buy shoes but just can't find a pair that I really want. Something comfortable. I did see some new crocs the other day.

xoxoxo

Kim Carney said...

Oh, and I did get up in the wee hours and catch that moon! It was wonderful