Friday, September 01, 2023

Field Notes- Friday September First. Sunshine, Lawn Cutting, Oatmeal and Coffee for breakfast.


 We've had this before but the picture file is really lame right now.  Got to WORK on it. I can NOT send pictures to my desktop or anywhere.  I can't TEXT.  I had to use the house phone to call daughter's CELL. We need GAS in the CAR.  Sigh.  The Gas Warning Light is on.

Also my sleeping is way off due to the amount of bright MOON shining into the bedroom windows all night.  I can't fall asleep.  And then I do fall asleep and it's suddenly morning and I am so TIRED. My right shoulder blade aches. My neck hurts.  Tension.

I am a quarter in on two books.  I don't want to finish reading either of them.  I dislike the characters in one and the print in the second (which is a good book) is so small and faded...my eyes are giving out reading it- Trying to read it. And 80% of the Rom Com readers are my age.

We have had this image of "the loaf".   My picture file is dismal.  My apologies.

Grass is being cut.  Friday is the day.  Thursday was an abnormality according to my neighbor across the street..  Seemed okay to me.  I sent the guy an email with the name and digits for another old woman who can no longer cut her own grass......damage in her right shoulder from who knows what...can't pull the cord on the walk behind..  I had trouble with that years ago when I regularly cut the grass. Because my husband was NEVER HOME.

Now he is ALWAYS home.

My EATEN planter seems even more pitiful today.  I can fill the open spaces with the contents of the two large clay pots- (leftovers from original planting) or I can use contents of container three that no one sees (its on workshop steps). Empty that pot.  Which seems like a messy but better solution.  The plants I would transfer are big and full. So would fill the deer destroyed area.  How much of September will be used???? That is the question.  I will be the one emptying the pots and hauling sifted soil-less mix to garage. Then hauling containers over to the space where we store them for the Winter.

All SORTS of People OFFER TO HELP.  Twenty Four /Seven.  None of them SHOW UP.....see this is the key to getting help.....the actual showing up.....which rarely if ever happens.   The LAWYER has already invited us to Thanksgiving Dinner. Twins Dad. And he comes unasked to carry and set up the big wreaths on the front porch....and take them down.  We never have to ask- well, we did ask a few years ago- now he comes all on his own to do the work....he also walks his snow blower over to clear the driveway.

Listen up people........just show up....do the work and go home....don't say "let me know if you need anything" and walk away.......JUST SHOW UP. Cause the other way...it gets real hard.....trying to fend for yourself.  And real lonely.

No comments: