Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Field Notes- Tuesday. September 12th. Rain- could expect a Hurricane to hit us. Later today.


 Things outside are wet.  Uncovering the largest container- really large- and always  at least one very fat BEE under the netting.  The very wet netting this morning. But I released the BEE.

My oatmeal has beeped and the pot heating my coffee water has shut off......I can't sit here too long.

I slept but ...I saw an image of 911 yesterday- even thought I try not to see them.  But I did and it took me back to that day.  The Silence of the day.  The images before I left for work at the Library.  The Silence there.  The church bells.  

I try NOT to see the images.  I saw the first tower burning- the second plane hadn't arrived.....yet.  so I hurried to change the channel.  The Heavy planes from Europe landed in Bangor.  The ones too far along and with little fuel left.......to  turn around.  Bangor...a retired naval air base with a long runway.  The base just next to my house almost......the runway too short for these heavy planes.  Otherwise- they would have landed near us.  Fighter Jets land here.   It didn't come to that.

9/11 comes first.  Then our anniversary and then my birthday.  In a straight, tight line. Forevermore.  Seven Days.  I have tears running down my face.....I have nothing more to say.

2 comments:

Kim Carney said...

I can never ever get those images out of my brain. Masaon was asking me about it on the day and was explaining how we work up to it here on the news and how horrific it was all day. She knew a lot about it, the buildings that were hit, etc.

Kim Carney said...

now with my freelance work, I can't think of anything else but cleaning LOL
We will we see if that stays once my job is done