Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Field Notes- Tuesday August 29th. Clouds in My Coffee. Rain is Possible. Lunch Date.


 I am tempted to try this again.  Baking a loaf of bread.  Husband won't eat any- says the crust hurts his teeth.  I don't need to be eating bread.

Yesterday, during the North Carolina college shut down news......I sliced zucchini and set the slices and some olive oil in a pan on the stove......let it BE.  It browned nicely over Time and I topped the browned mess with two slices of mozzarella.  Waited for it to melt and then ate it.  Very decent "cooked" lunch.  And I actually used the zucchini I had purchased last week......I had been considering a Zucchini Bread recipe.  Which was, I am remembering, pretty good.  I did not.

I still have two tomatoes to eat.  

There is a large fat BEE that is usually under the protective netting in the morning.  The big planter by the steps.  I uncover the plants and the bee is not amused..........I try and shake him or her off the netting.  Less amused.  Confrontational.  We do this every single day.

I am picking the spent yellow marigold flowers.  Letting them dry a bit in the house and then breaking the bottom of the flower open and exposing the flower seeds.  White and black threads.  then I allow them to dry completely......a few weeks....I intend to grow marigolds next Summer.

I am going to LUNCH with my neighbor today.  We are BOTH very very happy to escape out homes and husbands.  She also has a son in law...from Hell.  So,,,,we talk about him a bit.  While we drink wine.   My new library books have a due date in three weeks- which is my birthdate.......So.  there is that.


No comments: