Saturday, August 12, 2023

Field Notes- Saturday. August 12th. Hey, jolly , jolly!!!! Sunshine. Low humidity- right now.


 Sheet pan grilled vegetables.  My shopping list for Monday.  All these vegetables.

I just took the deer netting off all my ornamental containers.  The leggy, "too small a pot", tomatoes always need water.  The tomato plants are making flowers and the bees are visiting......but I never transplanted them into larger pots......so no tomatoes...not that I was really planning on growing tomatoes....I just lost interest.  It happens.

My daughter got the Friends and Family discount at Goodwill yesterday.  She was thrilled.  Almost 50% off her purchases.  After... she wished she had bought MORE.   She DID buy me a hard cover romance by a favorite author of mine....for one dollar.  Not the Jude Devereaux but the NEW Christina Lauren.  I mean just out.....someone bought it and didn't like it.  It was different.  The last two books have not been what I like about this author.  One was a western and this one is a reality show theme.

I am beginning to think they have a dart board with plot themes on it and take turns throwing a dart and then writing a book.  If this new one is being left at Goodwill for one dollar- well, does not look good. 

Husband had to jog MY Memory as to the name of the store where she shops- Goodwill.

Yesterday, I amazed myself.  I got off the couch- disgusted and bored by MSNBC and Law& Order and went to the sewing room, plugged in the iron and shook the spray starch can to see if there was any starch in it...yep...so I did one item at a time and ironed and starched the clothing I had just gotten out of the dryer and had hanging on hangers on the four post bed frame..  I had done another unmonitored load of wash.....no washing machine pages........where is the Joanne we all know?  Gone. Disappearing.

No comments: