Saturday, August 19, 2023

Field Notes- Saturday August 19th. I had forgotten what day it was.


 Nail Spider.

I forgot what day today was.........I thought it was Sunday.  It's Saturday.

Yesterday it got very dark and rained really really hard.  Pounded down on the roof--which is very likely CLEAN today.  When we lived in Florida and it rained like that-- I pulled my car out and let it get washed.

So....a load of wash is now in the dryer.......comes out of the washer almost dry.  I have the water setting on Optimum so the machine weighs the load and decides on the correct water amount.  

I walk away.  I have done this two or possibly three times now- walk away....Let the machine do it's work with out me standing by.......it was difficult for me to do....but I realized I actually had nothing much to write in the Washing Machine Pages anymore......my life is a Still Life.  Always the same.  Static.

The sun has disappeared....clouds are coming in and I need to turn on the lamps....

I read Silver Girl by Hilderbrand yesterday,  Straight thru start to finish.  I might have another of these Nantucket books.....perhaps a few in the bookcase...   We've never made the trip...it's closer than Florida. I don't think we'd "fit".  We are not "fancy".

Well, I have to select today's book, boil water for pasta for G's dinner, go fold and put away the freshly washed clothes.   I have on faded dark blue cotton pants with the legs rolled up.....I haven't worn these in a long time.  I stood in front of the closet longer than necessary and then put them on  and rolled the pant legs up. They fit.  They aren't tight.  I remember them being tight.....I don't remember the legs being as long....I am getting shorter, I think.  Yes, shorter.....

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I think we're all getting shorter.