Sunday, August 13, 2023

Field Notes- (four tries to spell field) Sunday, August 13th. Sunshine. 77 and 81% humidity.


 I'm starting to think all the people I reach out to (not the people like you reading the Field Notes) but generally the (live in person) people I have known for years and /or worked with etc......are trying to re-make me into to someone else or actually Think I am someone else...even though I am actually the same.

Directing me to places I would need to drive to.....meetings to make me a "better caregiver" etc.

I suggested a chat on my front porch or a coffee date....No.  See, that would help. sigh.  but, no.

I have to wait another day to get more spray starch.  I am really invested right now in wanting to starch my linen shirts.  Perhaps even the pillow cases....  

I started reading Island Girls by Nancy Thayer.  I am actually looking for a book about three women by Thayer- not this one.  One is an abused woman who works in a clothing shop., Ione......another has a relationship with a Veterinary Doc.  I don't recall the other woman's situation but there might be a boat going out in a storm and not coming back.  Or that is another book altogether.  Any clues to a title from anyone reading this? Usually there is a crock pot recipe.....but so far no crock pots.  I think this is the reason I own two crock pots......these books.

I am thinking I will write down the stuff they put in the crock pots.....then I forget.

I had ice cold Peach Cobbler for dinner yesterday.  I had prepared two servings of yogurt, bran buds and cherries.  But decided to eat cobbler while watching people on House Hunters.  One woman needed all new tubs, showers, toilets and sinks because of "'previous people's dead skin cells" being on those used surfaces........wow...........just wow.   Makes me feel Very Normal.


No comments: