Saturday, August 26, 2023

Field Notes- Saturday. August 26th. Rain finally stopped- sunshine today.


 Elephants always remind me of my Dad.  In 5th grade he taught me how to draw an elephant.  The teacher didn't believe I had drawn it...so I got a fresh sheet of paper and drew another.

The girl next to me ate paste out of the jar.  Misfits were seated together in those days. Alongside the boys who picked their noses and rubbed the front of their pants..(and later became fascinating because they were coloring so far outside the lines....)

I survived.

But......I never, ever even tried to make friends with those shitty classmates (from 5th to 12th grade).  One weekend at college a bunch of my high school classmate came to my college- several classmates were also going to that college.  One guy- the one who asked me to Prom on the Tuesday (afternoon) before Prom...and I said no.  So he walks over and is again asking me to go out with all of them......and again I looked at him with, bewilderment...and said no. 

I was also totally shaken when the quarterback of our high school team stopped me on campus and wanted to talk to me. To me.  The head cheerleader was my roommate my freshman year.......sigh.  FATE just never never gave me a break.  She never spoke to me unless it was to say excuse me can I get past you..  It's like I did not exist.  Perhaps...I didn't exist in her world.. I was super depressed that year. And lonely.

Very very lonely.  But I was used to being alone.....so nothing new.  Connie who I met thru this blog was on the same campus at the same time...she says we possibly walked past each other several times a week.  We would have been friends......if we had met.  We both wish that had happened.

I'm sad today......but the sun is out and no animals ate my flowers.  It was raining and I didn't cover them last night..... and the peaches are ready to be make into a cobbler....so stuff to look forward to.

Elephant never forget.  I never forget.....

No comments: