Thursday, July 27, 2023

Field Notes- Sunday, July 30th. The computer thinks its Thursday July 27th. Cloudy with distant chance of Rain.


 I am guessing the computer is getting ready to DIE.  It was only a matter of Time before it happened. I would guess forgetting what day it is...is sort of the way humans get old.  

Today is our Son's Birthday.  I won't say how old he is.  I don't think he knows how old he is. But Happy Birthday if you are reading this on whatever  day the computer decides to actually publish.

I had hoped the computer would live until October when the Birthday Son is supposed to arrive-  he said October but not when in October.  The Computer is thinking it might want to take "early retirement". so- all five of you reading this........might not last....might be done sooner than I thought.

It might be July 27th for the rest of the Time I have here at the desk top.

I had to record the USA soccer game.  FOX had talking heads for three hours.  They showed the team bus arriving.......you know, you just know that it would be HOURS before they played.  And the newspaper already announced in bit bold caps-  that they WON.  FOX is actually pretty damn stupid. So I dug a book out of the book stack......and turned off the tv.

It's DARK.  In the house at 10 am......I got up to see if the computer got it right.  Time is right, day is wrong.   So..Dark, need house lights to see anything in here.....Rain supposed to be happening with some lightning and perhaps thunder.  We'll see.   Husband is filling the bird feeders.  Neighbor's cat is watching.

That's it for today.  I had my usual Toaster Oven Cheese and Pickle Sandwich with bread yesterday and not a bagel.  Different but still great. I used up the last of the pickles.  I need to check the cupboard to see if I bought a fresh jar of pickles......otherwise...I'll crack open some canned zucchini pickles.

Barnes and Noble opened it's local Brand New Bookstore- they were happy to have 30 people show up.

3 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

The computer is right: today is the 27th. My son’s bd is the 31st

DianeN said...

Happy Birthday to your son. I hope he has a good day and many happy, healthy returns of the day. I also hope the computer can wheeze along until he gets there.

Joanne S said...

Today was NOT his birthday. I got confused. It's been a confusing day,