Sunday, July 02, 2023

Field Notes- Sunday, July 2nd. Still outside. No breeze. Ah, the Peach Trees moving a bit.


 A well tended garden bed.

I once upon a time I had such a raised bed.  Now the fenced garden has an abundance of plants that have gone wild...... not in the beds but growing in the paths. Mint. Bee balm. Horseradish. Lily of the Valley,  Iris. Comfrey.. I tried spelling to see  if the spelling thing would fill in the blanks- it didn't (but finally my mind did)........ and a lovely sedum ground cover, that I cut into chunks, and transplant into the flower beds by the house....... which hasn't happened lately so....it has taken over the fence garden....made a luxurious carpet. Also two small pine trees...which we can move into the landscape.  Free Trees.  The Christmas Tree variety...which we like, and G used to dig in the woods and bring home..as tiny trees....it takes a long time...long time for them to reach any size- now about three feet tall. Ready to move into the front landscape but not under the power lines.

The grapes have returned in abundance.  Climbing up and over the structure (whose name I have forgotten or lost because I haven't used it in years-  pergola?) .  The blueberries  have "aged out" and produce leaves and branches but zero berries.   The Wild and Regular blackberry mixed vines have gone crazy...... I hope to find berries.  The wild are so tiny and the thorns so large.......the regular  (cultivated) has no thorns.

My aches and muscle pains from my fall out of bed days ago..are just beginning to arrive. Slow motion. I forgot to eat dinner yesterday...I think I got to thinking about what to eat...but never actually did any making...so I am hungry this morning....and want to stop typing so I can make my breakfast.....9am. I am NOT usually up this early.

It is supposed to rain here.  Most of the day.  No thunder or lightening (but that could change).  Just rain.  But right now, it's calm and quiet...not even a breeze moving the leaves outside the window....no birds..... no sun......silence.  Nothing is awake yet.

No comments: