Saturday, July 08, 2023

Field Notes- Saturday, July 8th. Overcast, Cooler- Rain in the Forecast.


 Daughter stopped off after work (landscaping clothing, sweat and dirt)- She had been at Goodwill.  I was given a sealed stack of five packages of 4 by 6 Index Cards.  In case I want to spent my LIFE  drawing Cactus on 500 of them..... the size of the package is daunting..... but...I can do math these days- so perhaps only two years of a daily drawing habit.  Maybe...with some days/weeks off. And recipes on some of them. Recipes I will never use.

I think I have given up cooking.  The stove is used to boil water for pasta (husband's)  The oven for pizza. And the remainder of cooking is microwave or toaster oven.  Thinking of baking something- even a pan of cornbread......I think about it and decide...no.

I am reading.  My eyes are getting dry- due to AC units pulling moisture from the air and the ceiling fans. But after two days of oppressive damp and heat......we now have clouds and still cool air.  It's nice but MOIST.. not a ripple of a breeze.  Trees and leaves are still.

I did not enjoy the six years of Georgia Summers and then the full 52 weeks of Humid Hot Florida ...for  three years, not to mention Summers when living in Chicago with 100% humidity and 100 plus degrees.  Our clothing was wet after only 15 minutes outside.  All those homes and yards produced the most fantastic TOMATOES......sigh, I do miss them.  Here in Maine- not great for Tomato growing.

So...daughter left with my unopened bag of frozen breaded chicken patties.  Turns out they are her FAVORITE as they fit perfectly (she loves perfect anything) on her gluten free "buns"...she did not use that descriptive word she just made a drawing of sorts with her hands.  She left happy.  She also spent TIME talking with her father on the sunporch.  Which I appreciated.  And he enjoyed.

I watched both days of the Murray Tennis Match.  I was happy he lost- I prefer the Greek Guy. And watching someone who was getting no great joy out of playing- is tedious. I refuse to watch any matches with the Serbian AssHat. So, I have few opportunities for tennis going forward........I do like mixed doubles so perhaps that will be what I do.

No comments: