Monday, July 03, 2023

Field Notes- Monday, July 3rd. Rained all day yesterday...morning is dark and wet.


 Taco Salad.  I think there might be Fritos under all the other stuff.  I've never actually had a Taco Salad with Fritos.   I wonder what it would be like?  The kids and I had Tacos in the regular rotation of dinners. We ate dinners together- just the three of us.  Husband was never at the table when they were growing up. Always gone.  Working or just not coming home.  Just not coming home.  

It's not surprising that neither child (adult) has a significant other...or goes on dates. Or wanted children.

It rained all day yesterday.  I read a book I have waited for.......Happy Place.  I've read all the books this author has written....especially Beach Read.   This one took awhile to get into....a lot of moving parts (characters) to figure out.  But once I got into it.... I enjoyed it.  It's been on the NYT Best Seller Lists for awhile and I reserved it at the Library months ago......finally my turn.

I think it will rain all day today.  Perhaps again tomorrow.  Not that I am complaining.  We had little snow this winter and it's been dry here for a few Summers.  We need ground water.  The mosquitos are enjoying the wet......my ankles get bit each time I go out to put on the netting and take it off the containers.   The containers are doing well.....I still have plants for one more......no idea where I will put it.

We have our weekly chores today.....library and grocery.  

My neck is stiff.  The after affects of the fall out of bed onto the hardwood floor is taking it's Time getting around.  My neck, is furthest from the scene of the crime...so last to react, I guess.  I had expected bruises. But none have shown up......weird.  Anyway, I am now very carefully exiting the bed each morning.

My oatmeal in the microwave has beeped......time to eat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chili cheese Fritos are absolutely delicious in taco salad!!!
DianeN