Friday, July 28, 2023

Field Notes- Friday, July 28th. Rained a few times yesterday. Everything outside is very wet.


 I've been trying to NOT use images of food.  But this "adorable" Tomato Sandwich" in the file gets it chance here on the post today.   The maker of this sandwich added some sort of black seeds.   Which seem to be very popular right now.   I like thick slices of tomato in my own sandwich.

And I usually have to eat the Tomato Sandwiches over the sink.  Just to keep the front of my tee or shirt clean.  Juicy.

So yesterday.......I got confused.  It took about 30 minutes for me to figure it out....and then I realized I had been confused.  I can empathize with my husband now......at times he also realizes he has been somewhere else in his head.....and then tries to get back to where he belongs.   Perhaps we are on the same path.

We were expecting thunderstorms yesterday....but just got wind and rain.  On and off all day.  Right now it's sunshine and still.  No breeze.  Blue sky.  At 8:33 am.   

I am not an early riser so...this is also strange for me.  Lots of  NEW for me to get used to.

I have been looking for something.  I am not sure what.  But every day (or so) I go looking for it.  I think it is a specific fabric.  I think it is red but I could be wrong.  I also think it might be a dye painted fabric I did in a workshop long ago.  I feel like I want to "stitch" on this cloth.  But I can't find it.

I re-read the Matchmaker by Elin Hilderbrand.  The last 20 or 30 pages had me in tears.  I had read this book years ago and checked it out at the library on Monday.   I think I have another of her books- The Blue Bistro in one of my bookcases.....I think I might read it in the next few days.   I have been looking for a book- not sure of the author Thayer or Hilderbrand about three women.  Not friends.  But it's on Nantucket.  I'll keep looking.

I had hoped to find it on the library shelf but with all the culling they have done.......sigh.  Nothing is as it once was.  The guy at the Library Desk got me a copy of My Heart Will Find You.....it was on the hold shelf for me but "someone" took it and did not check it out.  So"stolen".  So this copy is from another Library.  What sort of person does this?????  Just takes a Library Book.

Anyway......I uncovered the ornamental planters.  They are pretty wet.  The lawn seems to have been cut. Neither G or I recall them cutting it.  Puzzling to both of us as we are getting up earlier and earlier and figure we should have seen or heard them.  It's Friday the 28th.  All day.

2 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

Could those black dots be nigella seeds?

Joanne S said...

They could be......