Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Field Notes- Tuesday, July 25th. Barnes and Noble opens today just down the Maine Street and a right turn.


 The building used to be a Bed Bath etc and then closed- overnight it seemed.  And a sign went in the window that Barnes and Noble was arriving.  And now it opens.  No coffee shop.  We have plenty enough of those.

Daughter is very happy about this.....the walls in her tiny house are lined with bookcases FULL of books.

I held off buying books...I could usually manage to get the ones I wanted to read over and over again from the Library.  But then a year or more ago- I walked into the local independent bookstore with photocopies of the books I wanted to OWN and the owner laughed and smiled and said "yes" that he would order them for me.  I carry photocopies of books I want to buy.......in case i walk into Town.  Parking is a nightmare even in the grocery store lot these Summer Days.  Street parking is not for the faint of heart like me.  Backing out into two lanes of fast moving traffic is NOT my wheelhouse.  Actually, four lanes - two going right and two going left.

Across the river and the bridge...is Sherwin's.  I buy books there.  Bought a ton of books there after the DMV... daughter's and mine.  Sally Thorne's Frankenstein book.  The Royals Next Door (which was also on the shelf for me at the Library).  I am reading the Boyfriend Candidate.  Last time I read it four times. I might do the same this time.  It's the Perfect Book. for me.

Well, I am hungry and G has walked off with the recycling........

No comments: