Wednesday, July 01, 2020

Daily Notes- July First



Daughter stopped in after her day of work was shortened by weather and a very difficult job site. She signed her tax forms.  She brought me a lovely wide wale pair of old cord pants.  Lovely mousey gray color. Will need significant adjustments to length and width but will be cozy and a delight in the coming years of Fall and Winter.  $2.99.  I think Salvation Army.

All the Taxes are Done- another hair pulling event with the printer at the end yesterday.  But they were sent off at the Post Office this morning.  Registered mail.  My Wednesday Out.
I have sworn an oath to NEVER do the taxes again.
I swear the same oath every year.

Differences in Virus Climate here.  
First of all the amount of traffic- cars on the road this morning. In weeks past just a few cars on the road and an almost vacant grocery parking lot.
Today- lots of traffic.  And the parking lot was full.  I discovered the new allowed number of people inside was 160.  But I was later than usual- past Senior Hours- when the limit is 70.
Also more people than usual carrying take out. And the food trucks are out on Maine Street.

I purchased a few pre-made meals at the grocery.  Husband is enjoying the Chicken Parmesan.
Fresh strawberries for my daily breakfast fruit.  And vegetable sushi for my lunch today.
Walnuts to make "walnut meat" to have as tacos. Unless I deleted the email that told me how to make it.
I also bought baked chicken to make chicken salad- a protein source.
I don't want to cook but do what to have good things to eat.
I can also have "big salads" as I have lettuce and carrots.

I even helped a woman in the First Aid section.  Her husband had ripped skin off his hand. She was a tiny woman and the Neosporin was way up on the very highest shelf in the aisle.
I was buying Tums for acid reflux.

Well, Dee will be impressed that most of this post was about food but hardly any of it about cooking food.
Time to make a second cup of coffee.

No comments: