Sunday, July 26, 2020

Daily Notes- July 26th



Modification on the Pandemic Mask

Remove the elastic from a paper disposable mask and sew it onto a cloth mask- 
after removing the strings used to tie it on your head.
I have not and will not go into JoAnn's for elastic- if they even have any.
My daughter says the majority of women in the store have no masks on. Stand too close.
(she went in fully masked like a Desert Storm combat veteran)
Her landscaping attire resembles combat gear.

I would prefer my friend cut the entire side strip off the masks.
I have asked.

News on the Tomato Situation
The tomato plants- with careful watering and not too much fussing around by me
have started to look like nothing ever happened to them.  Lush.
Well, one of them (possibly two) is merely a stump- but......nothing can be done about that.
Green leaves cover many injuries.

Reading report:  Started and finished reading Where the Crawdads Sing yesterday.
Just as wonderful as the first time and the ending causing my eyes to leak so I couldn't see the words.
Going to ask daughter to be on lookout for a copy to own.

We ordered Chinese take out yesterday.  Dumplings, fried rice and sweet sour soup.
Husband said they were busy and there was a line around the side of the building.
More traffic than we have seen in Town in months.
DQ is now open from 11am to 9 pm (in case we mow the grass late)

Newspaper mentioned Maine has had the most success with keeping numbers down. 
Low population in a large land mass State.  Closed Canadian borders.
No contact with large States and Cities- Boston.  New York.
But paper also had an editorial that we may look back on July 2020 as "the good old days" 
Meaning that far more trouble is on the way.

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I've read Crawdads twice also. And will probably read it a third time. That rarely happens.

My state was low in numbers too, but not now. New restrictions coming tomorrow.