Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Daily Notes- July 29th



I was mistaken yesterday.  Attacked and brought to shore by her daughter and died.  Not eaten.
Sleepy little fishing village with expensive rental houses.
Everyone is shocked to the core.

I had an "outing" planned for today- and it is very very hot.
So we sat inside with our coffee. Masks. Etc.
Restaurant owner took our names and phone numbers for contact tracing.
Almost like normal.  But not quite.

Co-worker friend from Greenhouse days.  On vacation.
This is the third August we have met and whiled away a few hours with gossip, catching up.
She and her sister and mother are doing fine.

I am working my way thru the large pile of romance novels by a favorite author.
Daughter took the list of titles I have already and bought what I didn't own.
A very good used book store was going out of business.  
Perfect timing.

We may have Caprese Salad- tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil- for supper.
French baguette to soak up the juices, Balsamic vinegar etc.
I have store bought tomatoes warming up on the porch.
Not sure I have the mozzarella and have to dig around in the fridge.  YES!!!!

I am sleepy today and my eyes are dry and tired.  
I woke up crying.  A dream.  Really a story I was making up but it was very sad.
It almost seems real.  
What is happening in the World seems like fiction but only too real.

1 comment:

Deb Lacativa said...

Caprese salad. My favorite!. ...Now I'm going to fall asleep starving.