Thursday, July 16, 2020

Daily Notes July 16th



Yesterday at Goodwill.  
Six soft white very large napkins.
And as I was taking the picture I noticed the embroidered S.
Meant to be, I guess.  
One dollar each.
They might be Damask or they might be Rayon.  i'm okay with either.

There is a heavy sadness in my heart.
The Deer came and ate my tomato plants out on the driveway.
Any tomatoes this year will have to be grocery or farm stand tomatoes.
Some of the plants are still standing though heavily damaged.
I put up cloth that would protect the back sides and edges from the deer going forward.
The fluttering cloth disturbs them.
I just couldn't put them in the compost bins.
I cried. Really, it got to be noisy sobbing.

Tending the growing plants thru the early days of the Pandemic until now had been good therapy.
Now it just all feels........I can't put it into words.
So I will stop typing for today. It's hard to see with wet eyes, anyway.

2 comments:

Susan Sawatzky said...

I'm so sorry. They ate all my flowers a few days ago. I have a deer path running through my backyard. I rent so have no control over fencing. I planted up close to the house because they don't come up close that often. Once was enough, the babies are indiscriminate. They will try anything at least once.

DianeN said...

I am so very sorry to read this, Joanne. Those tomatoes were more than just tomatoes. We both know that. I would be sobbing, too.