Thursday, July 09, 2020

Daily Notes- July 9th



An Act of Bravery 

A diver off of Numble Light experienced difficulty in the open waters.  One man ran out on the rocks to help and then eight complete strangers formed a line and helped pull the man to safety.
A woman who comes to Maine from Ohio each summer was crocheting Christmas Stockings nearby and happened to see what was happening and took this photo.  It is everywhere.
It says so much about Humanity.
Not the unkindness of the White House.  He would never stretch a hand to help anyone but himself.
But the real kindness and humanity of the American People

Let's all reach out a hand to someone in need today.
WEAR YOUR MASK.

I had already watered the back vegetable garden when it decided to rain here in Maine.
All day the sky was cloudy and sunny.  Hard to say if it would actually rain.
But it did.  And there was thunder. And much needed rain. I love thunder. Rolling thru the sky.

Rain in the Summer here in Maine is never a sure thing.
I am reminded of the years living in the burbs of Chicago.
And the RAIN.  It would pour down. But it was also so very hot and humid. 
I had my very very BEST vegetable gardens in the burbs of Chicago.
Here in Maine it's a struggle.

Husband and I finished re- padding and covering the last two chair seats for our friend Patty.
I cut the floral fabric so all three match.
It was one of those procrastination things on my list.  But, as usual, the putting off took so much longer than the actual doing of the task. I try to remember that as I procrastinate.
So far, it isn't working.

My jar of rusty metal things and vinegar is bubbling over and has stained the wood of the cupboard where the jar sat, one of my white camp shirts (very sad) but just a small spot, 
and now I have the jar in the "traveling solo" crockpot liner.  Already brown in color.
Should have put the jar there in the first place.
I have a piece of cloth soaking up any future overflows.
The plastic storage bag of walnut hulls is also leaking.
And the Sweet Fern daughter brought me wants to be steamed onto cloth with copper water. 
It is reported that this makes a really lovely earthy green.
But first the copper pipe the Plumber left for me and some of my store of vinegar.
To use because I do not own a copper pot.

It's time.
To eco print cloth. 
July.

1 comment:

deemallon said...

is that a recent picture? Glad you finished those cushions! Whenever I've taken on cushion or curtain work, I've experienced the same kind of dread.