Friday, July 24, 2020

Daily Notes- July 24th



The aftermath of pickle making.
Twelve Pints and two stinky containers.
Stinky because of days of salting in the fridge with raw onions.
I have rubbed the insides with baking soda. That sometimes works to remove odors.

A "productive" Day here.
The second AC unit is installed and as husband said- easier.
It took most of the day to get rid of the humidity in the bedroom wing.
But sleeping last night was quite pleasant.

I had another "fall" after the AC unit was installed.
I tripped and fell- a carpeted surface.
A bruise on my leg where it hit some furniture.  Left shoulder a bit tender.
No broken bones. And I could have smacked my face.
I am well padded and have excellent bone density for an old woman.
And being an old woman- I did wet my pants.

And after that I canned the pickles  One batch after the other.
Which is an incredible difference.  Only one clean up.
From now on that is how I will do it.  Two batches prepped at the same time.
If I had three of these containers- I would do three batches.
As it is, I do not intend to do any more pickles until mid August.
When there is a glut of squash and people are eager to give it away.

The rest of the day I watched the news 
Trump bragging the doctors gave him the Dementia Test- which is epic-
Do you think anyone has had the nerve to tell him it wasn't an IQ test????

2 comments:

Susan Sawatzky said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8oaaP68i4s&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0KfyvGKaA_cxhHmH03TyFRm2c9Hi3PKBH1muwCyoO2oULo6aNc_IAV4kI

Kim Carney said...

what in the world are those wonderful square measuring containers? Have never seen those before. LOVE