Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Daily Notes- July 15th



Basil growing out on the deck.  Next to the Fig Tree which is starting to make a new crop of figs.
This is actually the best Basil I have ever grown- so now I've jinxed it.
I need to pinch out the centers to make it grow even larger. 
Funny, how I have basil now but not when I have ripe tomatoes.

We drove to Reny's which is a discount type store- odd lots but good quality-Carhart-Smartwool etc.
I was hoping they would have canning lids.  They had all else in canning supplies but no wide lids. 
Sign near the canning display said they were having a very difficult time finding canning items.

Reny's refused entry to a woman who refused to wear a mask- they offered her one, she said no.
I was impressed by that.  The guy at the door was serious.

At Goodwill, (since we were so close I decided to go in), an older woman was yelling for her
grandson I guessed as an eight year old finally came up to her. She had been talking to someone on her cell phone and had accidentally hung up on them. 
 Grandson was directed to "push buttons and get the call back".
Now sure if he was going to be able to do that.  Just from looking at his eyes above his mask.
Someday grandma will call to say she dropped the AC unit out the window. (laughing)

I was liking the Pandemic a lot more when the robocalls had stopped.
Now there is online cheap car insurance, credit card scams, grandsons in jail calling grandma, etc.. 
Every time the phone rings I get seriously annoyed.

I am being bothered today by dry eyes (AC air) and acid reflux.
I have put drops in my eyes and had a Tums soft chew.
Now I think I might have something for lunch.  Later I am going to DQ for ice cream.  It's July.

No comments: