Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Daily Notes- July 14th



The Avocado Pit.
Has height and leaves.
Feels the need for that larger pot.
My little collection of ceramic animals and birds is now keeping coming with the plant.

The heat of yesterday is gone.
Today we have clouds and heavy moisture.
Rain would be welcome.
Thunder would be cause for much happiness- I hear distant rumbles.

The greenhouse parts- the hoops and connections etc are all gone and off to a new adventure.
The new owners are good people who will enjoy growing things under its roof.
Their dream is a Farm Stand to sell produce.
Right now a glut of zucchini which they gladly offer to share with me.
The wife is making relish.  I said I make pickles.

I am reading an old book- one I owned long ago. Wolf and the Dove.
It has made me cry many times.  The author knows how to string a few words and sentences.
To make me care about the feelings of her characters in 1066.
I am near the end and then the next book
Drive Your Plow Over The Bones Of The Dead

Oddly enough the bones of the dead are too much a part of the book I am reading.
Too much a part of Life in 2020 as well.  

1 comment:

DianeN said...

I loved Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead. It's a different, quirky kind of book. I hope you will like it.