Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Daily Notes- Wednesday June 29th. Sunshine and 85 degrees.


 Adrienne Langer.

I've decided to write the names of the artists down on the bottom edges of the desk calendar.  The appliquéd vegetables (carrots) are by Mary Lou Weidman.  I recall the name from the days I was taking quilting classes.

The day began with.....a very slow start.  The window was open and the fan going on the window sill.  We were sleeping.  And then we heard the creak of a ladder being moved and extended and then waited for the hammering to start. It never did.  No music from the radios.  No loud talking.  How very very odd.  Five cars parked in the street- mostly white.  My carpenters and the painter- all had white vehicles.  It must be a "thing" for the Trades. 

Peggy across the street must have found the "noise- ordinance" she was looking for in the Town Achives. Or the lawyer living on the left of the house or the one living across from the house- must have said something to someone.  In a law sort of way...like we do here on this street.  G and I stay quiet as we are neither doctors or lawyers.

I finished Faking it.  And picked up The Importance of Being Alice.  The Luxury Cruise Ship is a rusting tub and the cabins are tiny and the mattress is lumpy.  Dream Vacation.  Sounds like our family trip to Russia.  If the water coming out of the shower is mostly brown and not hot...then it's exactly like our trip to Russia. Back in the 80's.  No one used deodorant and they served us white fish with bones in it.  Well, we used deodorant.  The tour included a Circus where no one had EVER used deodorant.  The Ballet was very similar.  We loved the subway.  Art all over the walls.  Glorious.

I am also eating very crispy oatmeal cookies I found as I wheeled past the bakery section in the grocery. I did not stop and look at the potato chips.

No comments: