Monday, June 06, 2022

Daily Notes- Monday, June 6th. Sunshine with Clouds.


 More Mending.  Started out neat and tidy and then.......went a bit crazy? From Tumbler? I have NOT tried clicking on the image to see if it reverse engineers it's self back to the Original Source.  It would be a delight if it did so you could see who sewed this..  I don't try that sort of stuff because the computer might cough up blood and die.

I met a very perky 83 year old woman while selecting my rhubarb stalks. She was selecting Fiddlehead Fern fronds.  That's something that the local Mainers like to eat.  She gave me hope that I have -at least- another  Eight Years of Perkiness to look forward to.

I have a "Sitting on the Front Porch Rockers" visit with my Walking Buddy at 1:30.  We hardly ever walk anymore- my fault- I wilt and go pale..  I purchased bottle drinks for us ........ Lemonade and Pink Grapefruit.  Out of the bottle or in a glass with or without ice.  We'll see. If Patty was the one visiting- we'd add Vodka or Gin. Patty likes her drink half and half.

Out to the Library to return books and pick up one reserve and one from the new shelf.  The Bad Luck Bridesmaid.  The Bride is a no show at THREE different weddings..  We'll see how this goes........

 Grocery. I bought a few stalks of Rhubarb to cook with sugar to make "sauce" that I can eat with my yogurt and Bran Buds.  It's almost like cooking.  The baked chicken breasts at the Deli- No Longer $6.99 each.  Now two for $3.99.  I admit to standing in front of the counter laughing..... I got two packages.- as close as I could get to the old price of $6.99.  And I now have a big bowl of shredded still warm chicken, honey and mayo in the fridge for later. I will be having PROTEIN this week.  Usually...I exist on NO protein. Other than what is in milk, cheese or yogurt.

Husband has finished cutting the back grass.  He did the front yesterday.  He's resting now.  If he perks up he might remember I had asked him to water the back fenced vegetable garden.  He was back there yesterday- weeding.

Oh, he finished the Working With Live Electricity Project.  No one died or got electrocuted. Hard to believe.

1 comment:

Kim Carney said...

I am relieved!!!!