Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Daily Notes- Tuesday, June 28th Sunshine, No Clouds, Hot.


 Hot dogs.  I bought some and like the looks of these four all dolled up.  I had my three, yesterday, with mustard and sweet relish. Never will understand ketchup on a dog.  Never.

I also had a bowl of cherries. Big, Fat, Juicy, Sweet and Ice Cold.

I am reading Crusie's Faking It.  My library bought it. Recently.  I am reminded of reading it many many years ago. About a woman painting "fake" Scarlet paintings.  But she isn't copying them- they are her own paintings. Six of the "fakes" are in circulation and the artist and her con man --he's not a boyfriend---and she refuses to have sex with him---so....roommate?  He's a Dempsey if you read Welcome to Temptation.  He plays pool.  Runs a good con.  They met while hiding in a closet intent on stealing a painting.

Overnight-almost, or it seems that way- all the plants in my ornamental containers have "TAKEN OFF' and look Bountiful.  Big, colorful and happy- except for the container the deer used as a salad bar.  I have the sprinklers on the Peaches with the timer next to my right elbow.  Husband turned them on the other day and hours later I was walking by and noticed (he had forgotten) ......water bill is going to be outrageous.  Along with the electric bill for the AC units and ceiling fans.

Just warning any of you thinking Maine is Paradise.  (It actually is except for Winter).  Maine is VERY VERY EXPENSIVE.  Which is why Maine Street (in my Town and every other Town that still has a downtown) is lined with parked new BMW's and Mercedes. Oh and Corvettes.  The Older ultra COOL ones AND the new ones. Also..every old Tycoon -- and they are OLD....is out driving their pristine condition 1950's cars.  Lord- they are glorious.  The cars.... not the old men.  Though some of the men might actually be younger than I am.......hum....something to consider.

No comments: