Saturday, June 04, 2022

Daily Notes- Saturday, June 4th. Not dark...but clouds. I think rain is possible.


 From Tumbler.  I can see here- that there can never be enough mending.  Never give up.

"You have to save yourself--little by little-- day by day.  Build yourself a home.  Nurture your body.  Find something to work on. Something that makes you excited. Something you want to learn. Charlotte Ericksson."

George was here yesterday- he left a bouquet of 8 red radishes on the back deck.  From the back garden. I will eat them today. Arrange a plate with radishes, cheese and a few crackers. Perhaps a glass of wine.

Yesterday was Huge.  I drove the car.  In the rain.  With the headlights on.  Wipers going back and forth. 

I had to remember how to do all those things.

It was a lot.  At times it felt like too much.  But I pressed on......Library to drop off and pick up books. Then with my umbrella overhead-  walking across the street from Library and the down the street and around the corner to the local independent bookstore.  Bookshop.  With the books I want to buy.  Own.  The owner was happy to look them up.  One that I thought would have to be hardcover- had just a few days ago, been released in Trade Paper.  Wonderful.  One- my absolute favorite- has been blocked from further sale or printing. The Shop Owner said that was "very strange".  My only hope was a used bookseller.

The Book Store has jigsaw puzzles.  They looked interesting.  I might buy one on my next visit to pick up my ordered books.

After, it was the grocery for Chicken Dinners.  They had SIX.  I forgot to buy husband more yogurt. I bought prepared and boxed Pulled Pork to eat with a large bowl of salad (and radishes?) for supper. For some reason the grocery was selling already baked chicken pieces for $6.99 each piece.  That reminded me of the $16.99 bag of cherries.  I think it was supposed to be per pound for the chicken pieces.  There was also no take away packaging for your selected baked chicken pieces.

Then home to sit on the couch and get over myself............it was a lot.....

No comments: