Friday, June 03, 2022

Daily Notes- Friday, June 3rd. The Promised Rain has yet to arrive. But the clouds are here.


 The Front Porch.  Ready to welcome someone to sit and have a chat or just sit and be quiet together.

"If you are too tired to speak, sit next to me because I, too, am fluent in silence." R.Arnold.

I already have the house lights on at 9am..  And still the living room seems dark and cold.  I went to bed early and am up earlier than I wanted to be.....sleep was finished with me.  My bowl of oatmeal was good.  My coffee is getting cold as I type. It's supposed to be Summer.  But there is a chill in the air.  The need for socks and a sweater.

I got mail yesterday.  Beautiful thread and a length of fabric- the stuff of dreams.

The Celtics won last night.  I didn't watch.  It does me no good to yell at the TV screen.

My Desk Top Calendar is covered in words this month and not images.  Lines of poetry like the one up top.  I will be going up into the Attic later looking for something I reminded myself of.  An unfinished work. Perhaps I will find two if the God's of Chance are with me. And I have work pants to mend for daughter.  And ...my oldest, best sweater- deeply loved- has several worn thru holes that need tending. Mended tending.

Requested books have arrived at the library.  Not all of them.  Some.  I have been reading old favorites. Like visiting old friends.  Some new friends waiting at the library.  I am never sure about these new books. I hate to be disappointed by a book........and so often ...I am.

I have new thread.  A gift from a Magician.  

I was offered more Tomato Plants but...I surprised myself and said no.  I am always surprised when I say that "I have enough".  It's a new concept for me.  To be satisfied.  To have enough.  But..I do have enough tomato plants.  They are getting tall- leggy on the back sunporch.  But still too cold at night to be outside.  June. But a Cold June.

3 comments:

Angie said...

I would love to sit on your porch with you and stitch a while. :)

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Me, too, Joanne and Angie

Joanne S said...

Yes, to both of you- we must investigate Time Travel!!!!!