Monday, June 27, 2022

Daily Notes- Monday, June 27th. 8:48 am. Sun. Heat coming Already.


 Thinking about the Garden.  Loving this cloth from the Internet.  I could do this.  It's 8:54 am.

George arrived to install the AC units in the windows.  Tried to find Daughter as she was supposed to help...no luck.  So George did it himself.  And thank goodness.  Husband was so confused by it all.......

So we are COOL.  I just have to adjust the blind in the guest bedroom as it got messed up.  But the units are on and the air in here is dry and cool.  George is a real "gift from God" these days.

The soil in the garden beds is depleted of organic matter and isn't holding water.  Husband waters but the water doesn't "hold".  George wants us to add a layer of something- bark chips or dry pine needles to the top of the soil to keep the soil, itself, moist for enough Time to allow the roots to take the moisture in.

Easy to say.  Difficult to do.

That is how it goes here- easy enough to think of what needs doing...but difficult to actually do any of it. I understand why parents are installed in assisted living apartments.  I understand but I do not want to be installed. Yet.  I just keep simplifying our lives here at home.  

I want to make cloth carrots like the ones in the image up top.  I like the black rectangles with green leaves.  I love the beets.  But not the rest of the design.  So I need to rethink it.  Redesign it.

But first oatmeal with weird milk.  And then the grocery store.  I am hoping they have chicken dinners for husband.  I may get the meatloaf dinners for myself.  Protein.  And some watermelon, I think.

And I am hoping the Alice book has arrived at the library- even though I have not gotten a notice via email.  I want to read all five books in order as the characters overlap..........  The Purple Smoke Bush is in bloom.  A billow of raspberry pink "smoke" on top of the purple green leaves.  I can see it from here.

2 comments:

Joanne S said...

No Alice book at Library,. Grocery. I bought hot dogs and buns. i bought cherries- huge ones for $2.99 a pound.
George stopped by and gave me two full pints of edible pod peas. I ate some already. I told him I had put the gangly tomato plants on the back deck- it's cloudy and humid- perfect for them- he ran back and snipped the tops off. Getting them to grow sideways.

LindaSonia said...

OMgosh I love the art piece in your post today - do it and send it to me... I'm begging!!! - LOL