Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Daily Notes- Wednesday, June 15th. Books waiting for me at the Book Store. Five.


 So......up early and set the sprinklers on under the peach trees.  Listened to the men next door pull clapboards off the house next door.  Makes a "pulling" "tearing" "squealing" sound.   The dumpster is full. what do they do when they come to outside light fixtures?  Get a shock?

They arrive around 7 am.  It's now 10 am and so...I have listened to them for 3 hours now. Been awake since they drove up.

The picture above shows me that I can poach cuffs and pockets from other items and sew them to the "needs mending" edges of my sweaters.  And mend the patches before adding them to the sweaters.

I found a few finished cloth pieces. Small, notebook paper sized or a bit larger.  Binding is on them.  So now they are on the mantle above the "unused for 30 plus years" fireplace. And I can notice them.  Appreciate them.  When did I stop doing such lovely work?

Chad Little came yesterday to pick up the riding lawn mower- did I already mention??? There were a total of six riding mowers on the truck.  Room for one more the driver said. Ours needed a new belt for the mower part.  Husband uses the machine mostly to pull a wagon full of compostables to the pile out back. But we have the back acres of tall weeds- that need the riding mower.  Using the walk behind is tedious.

As they say in Maine- "it'll be back, when it's back".

The Book Store called- I have five ordered books waiting.........and while I am out- I will buy coffee creamer and a quart of orange juice.  Perhaps some cherries.  Dispose of more income. Husband mentioned I should check to see if I need gas.  

We forgot to vote.  Yesterday.  Not that it mattered.  The person I WAS going to vote for got endorsed by Tucker Carlson of FOX news.  So........not wasting on vote on that person. Ever.  This is a RED state and they try not to let me forget that.........

1 comment:

LindaSonia said...

... 'lovely work' is right...