Sunday, June 05, 2022

Daily Notes- Sunday, June 5th. Sunshine. We'll be cutting the front grass today.


 Image from Tumbler.  I am not sure which part of this image I like best.  The scraped painted under surface?  The marks dug out with a sharp knife in the black painted surface.  The white bowl of black  paint.  The little bits of material cut out --scattered on the painted surface.

This could sit out on a work surface here in my house for Eternity and I would never tire of it.  

I have done this sort of work...in another Life. At 75.7-  twenty seems like Several Lives Ago.

Yesterday's book was something I saw a Library site- new books- and ordered from a distant library as ours has "not much worth reading" any more..  In a New York Minute is the title.  Young career gal, gets on NYC subway with her box of office/desk items after losing her job to "downsizing".  The back of her dress gets caught in the closing door, rips open-- and she had decided that morning to wear a thong to work.  So there she is....wide gap in the back of her dress in a NYC subway car, thong.... carrying a box.

A very tall good looking guy awkwardly takes off his suit jacket and puts it around her shoulders.  The train stops and he gets off.  The jacket is Gucci.  Weirdest "meet cute" ever.  And would be nothing more but it was all recorded on any number of iPhones and posted to media sites ...and EVERYONE was talking about Subway Girl.  Let's just say- for a rom-com- there isn't much rom and not much com but its a good enough story that I read it all the way thru.  I would have sent it back to the author with a truck load of "notes".  It could have been amazing...... could have been.  But there was "too much" hiding the bones.

This one won't go on my list of "read again" books.  

I found the unfinished silk ribbon Baltimore piece.  The Procion dye painted cloth is still missing. And since everything got moved years ago when I moved to the Attic space- I don't know where  the dye powder jars and the chemicals I mixed to make the dye into paint...are.  It would take an actual "dig" to find them....... and the mixing was quite dangerous.  Masks were needed, ventilation and gloves.  But once mixed- it was stable.  The powder is the unsafe bit.

On to the next book.  And the next Hunt.

No comments: